chocolate glaze

I made some pecan-coconut bars from a Maida Heatter recipe. I would like to do a chocolate drizzle on top. I followed a different Maida Heatter recipe for a chocolate glaze, cutting it in half so 1 oz each of semi-sweet and unsweetened chocolate, about 1/2 teaspoon honey, one oz of melted coconut spread and coconut oil. I'm cooling it over ice water now. I want to put it in a ziploc and snip off the end and "pipe" it to make a decorative drizzle, not a solid frosting. Will it set up? Should I chill the bars first?? I just realized the coconut will likely make it softer than the butter originally called for.

asked almost 2 years ago

It should set up at the same temperature that coconut oil firms up. Which means you may have to keep them refrigerated between serving times.

thanks, June