I just got put on a iodine free, no dairy, and red dye # 3. Does antone know what kind s of foods I can eat?

Oh my gosh! I'd never know this test would be that difficult... There's not too many recipes on line, for this kind of tested. Thought I'd could get ideas from somebody that's already been though this. If I can get any answer's that would be great. Thanks, Cindy 11/10/2016.

asked by Cindy about 2 years ago

Nancy W

I assume you are on this because of a thyroid problem. This link will help http://www.thyroid.org/low-iodine-diet/ Good luck with your treatment. Looks like you will be cooking at eating at home more, and that is a good thing!

Cindy

Thank you for the information. It will help me a lot!

Windischgirl

Cindy, there are a few questions on the hotline regarding this topic (I asked the same when my daughter had her thyroid cancer treatment ). Thyca.org has a downloadable cookbook to get you started. Beef, chicken, pork are all fine. Most veggies are fine. Homemade breads and baked goods with no added salt, and many whole grains are also ok. My daughter was vegetarian at the time, so it was home cooked dried beans beans beans for protein! I made a big batch of veggie broth and used that for soups, stews, and to cook grains.
Her doc reminded us that it was LOW iodine, and that NO iodine was impossible, not to stress too much. I bought a container of non-iodized salt and used that to season. Stayed away from packaged anything.
She's been cancer-free for almost four years, yay!

Cindy

Thank you so much for responding too my question.. Your answer is very helpful.. I'm going on that website now and print it.... I am having lots of health issues.. This was the next step. My brother just passed away last year of Hoskins lymphoma, he'd battle cancer pretty much all of his life. And my Mom of breast cancer. I am glad your daughter has been cancer- free for many years.. If I have anymore questions can I send you a message back? Thank you again. Cindy

Windischgirl

Cindy, please feel free to contact me at any time; I'm happy to help. Go to my page on Food52 and PM me.
Take care and best of luck. ((((Hugs))))