I'm making a recipe that calls for a slow cooker on high-- but I'm using my Dutch oven instead since its all I have. Any idea on what temperature in the over corresponds to 'high'? In the slow cooker, the dish would be cooked for 5 hours.

Thanks!

asked by nana almost 8 years ago

It should take about 2.5 hours at 325º F according to this: http://www.cookingincastiron.com/files/20080123_slowcooker_to_dutchoven.html

Missing element here; what are you cooking?

ChefDaddy

In the last twenty five years I have had two slow cookers (crock pot) and have noticed on both that the low setting is 150-160F and the medium setting was 175F and the high setting was around 200F. I hope this helps.

nana

Thanks everyone! I'm making good old-fashioned chicken and dumplings.

I've only made chicken and dumplings on the stove top. Cook time for me is about an hour and 45 minutes.