I roasted a chicken & root veg in the same pan but the veggies ended up poached, not roasted. I saved them + drippings. What could I do with them?

The veggies are delicious but are pretty one with the chicken fat at this point & therefore not super appetizing to eat straight. I thought maybe I could blend them & keep it as sort of a bouillon. Would that work? Any other suggestions?

asked by Kelley Bodwell almost 2 years ago

Kenzi Wilbur

What about blitzing and stirring into a soup to enrich it?

MMH
MMH

I agree with Kenzi or you can put them in to a chicken stock.

ktr
ktr

Mash them into mashed potatoes. I do this frequently with roasted carrots and my family actually prefers it to plain mashed potatoes.

JOEY

As they have been swaddled in all that good chicken fat, couldn't you strain them out, pop on a baking sheet, salt & pepper, and cook high temp 450-ish to char a bit for some texture and interest? Even run under the broiler??