🔕 🔔

I roasted a chicken & root veg in the same pan but the veggies ended up poached, not roasted. I saved them + drippings. What could I do with them?

The veggies are delicious but are pretty one with the chicken fat at this point & therefore not super appetizing to eat straight. I thought maybe I could blend them & keep it as sort of a bouillon. Would that work? Any other suggestions?

asked by Kelley Bodwell 9 months ago

5dd58b70 52d5 415a 8478 ba9053b33e62  kenzi
Kenzi Wilbur

Kenzi is the Managing Editor of Food52.

What about blitzing and stirring into a soup to enrich it?

3299dd0b a953 46f5 8a98 a0241f3b893a  256
MMH

I agree with Kenzi or you can put them in to a chicken stock.

ktr

Mash them into mashed potatoes. I do this frequently with roasted carrots and my family actually prefers it to plain mashed potatoes.

1b775d23 967c 4d8a 886f b0b6459d7134  fb avatar

As they have been swaddled in all that good chicken fat, couldn't you strain them out, pop on a baking sheet, salt & pepper, and cook high temp 450-ish to char a bit for some texture and interest? Even run under the broiler??