🔕 🔔

A real pickle question! I found some pickled eggs I made a year or more ago in the back of the fridge. They are in a sealed jar (not heat sealed) and in a vinegar brine with onions and beets. They look and smell wonderful though the yolks looks a little dry. Can you think of any reason they wouldn't still be edible and enjoyable?

asked by Pat in SLO over 6 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

If they've been in the fridge the entire time, they are probably ok, but given the amount of time they've been in there, I would probably toss them.

714b34df 2d3a 43ee 9f6e 64da32383ccb  image

Well,,,,being the rish taker I am I couldn't resist and ate one... and it was delicious. So far so good....but if you don't see any future postings from me you'll know what happened. :-)