A real pickle question! I found some pickled eggs I made a year or more ago in the back of the fridge. They are in a sealed jar (not heat sealed) and in a vinegar brine with onions and beets. They look and smell wonderful though the yolks looks a little dry. Can you think of any reason they wouldn't still be edible and enjoyable?

asked by Pat in SLO almost 8 years ago

If they've been in the fridge the entire time, they are probably ok, but given the amount of time they've been in there, I would probably toss them.

Pat in SLO

Well,,,,being the rish taker I am I couldn't resist and ate one... and it was delicious. So far so good....but if you don't see any future postings from me you'll know what happened. :-)