Mark had a recipe for lean sweet potatoes. I can't find it. Help

Trying to save a few calories. Help please

asked by Cyndy over 1 year ago

Mark Bittman
Mark Bittman

Mark is the author of over a dozen books, including his most recent, How to Bake Everything: Simple Recipes for the Best Baking.

I need a little more of a description.

Cyndy

It was lean sweet potatoes, sliced and roasted. I believe butter, not sure what else. It was published this week or last. Thank you

Mark Bittman
Mark Bittman

By the way, someone asked my favorite sweet potato recipe. This is it: You wash them, well. You poke some holes in them with a skewer or thin-bladed knife (they have been known to explode otherwise). You bake (in a pan, on a sheet, whatever) them at 425 until they're quite soft. And then you serve them, with butter and salt. Honestly you cannot do any better.

SMSF
SMSF

SMSF is a trusted home cook.

Agree with this 100%! Plus one gets to eat the delicious, caramelized sweet potato skins - the best part of all.

Claudia

Hi Mark,
When I saw you were working the hotline I just had to say Hello. I have a number of your cookbooks and am a big fan!
Happy Thanksgiving
Claudia