I have a question regarding Balsamic Roasted Shallots. Can they be made in advance?

Can I make them today and reheat to serve tomorrow?

asked by Jacquelinef over 1 year ago

Rebecca Salisbury
Rebecca Salisbury

Rebecca is Food52's Director of Customer Care

Hi there Jacquelinef -- seems to be a recipe that's rather forgiving, in my opinion. To keep them rather intact, gently reheat them the day of over a low flame. They will loose most of their structure and turn a bit jammy. Hope this helps!

Great idea, Rebecca!

Yes, absolutely. They'll probably stay intact best if you can reheat them in a low oven (200-250F) covered with foil or a lid, maybe with an extra splash of water if the sauce is looking dry. Or you could gently microwave, if the oven is occupied, no big deal!