🔕 🔔

What is white balsamic vinegar, really?

I'm seeing more and more recipes calling for white balsamic vinegar. I did actually buy some once for a recipe, but the price was breathtaking and I'm not anxious to repeat the experience unless there's a good reason to do so. From what I know of regular balsamic vinegar, I can't even figure out how you make a white vinegar and still be able to call it 'balsamic.' What is this stuff? How's it made? Does it bear any relationship to traditional balsamic vinegars? Are there good substitutes for it in cooking, salad dressings, etc.? Thanks!

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

I read a posting about white balsamic vinegar Here it is FYI: http://www.thekitchn.com...