Does anyone know the DE (dextrose equivalent) value for karo light syrup. I am looking for something in the range of 42? By my math it appears it should be about 45 but I am not sure if that is correct. 10g x 1.36 /30

asked by Threemealsaday almost 8 years ago

betteirene

I'm pretty sure that regular corn syrups (NOT high fructose corn syrup) like Karo are pure dextrose/glucose.

From internet research it appears the DE of karo light is 42.

Threemealsaday

Where did you find that value on the Internet?

Threemealsaday

Where do you find that on the Internet? I googled and could not get a soild answer

I extrapolated a bit, as karo light is "regular" corn syrup. http://class.fst.ohio-state.edu/fst621/Additive%20classes/Sweet/cornsy.htm
You could contact the company if you need more certainty. http://www.karosyrup.com/ContactUs.aspx?b=wc&bsid=wcsid
Cheers!

spiffypaws

It has a DE of 42 according to "How Baking Works".