🔕 🔔

Convection oven cook time

I'm using a convection oven for the first time tomorrow. It's a Viking Pro, and I have a 26 pound fresh turkey. In a conventional oven, I'd cook it for about 13 min per pound on 350. I've read with convection to raise the temp to 375, lower the temp to 325, shorten the cooking time (or maybe not)...help?

asked by Adam 10 months ago

General rule is lower the temp by 25 degrees and everything else should work out the same. That's been my experience with the great Dacor oven I've had for 7 years, except I occasionally need to tent earlier than otherwise to avoid excessive browning. As for cooking times - it's best to monitor by temperature, because times differ based on so many variables. Does your oven have a leave-in probe? ;o)