🔕 🔔

Our dinner is all in foil covered pans. Time and temp to reheat all in one oven?

When we put them all in oven, fills both racks. I want to make sure everything is hot at same time. Our directions said 300 for 30-40 min on each container. But won't it take longer if oven is full? Can I just keep them in the oven for couple of hours or ? to be sure everything is hot

asked by Helen Cooks about 1 year ago

5dd58b70 52d5 415a 8478 ba9053b33e62  kenzi
Kenzi Wilbur

Kenzi is the Managing Editor of Food52.

Hi Helen! (Happy Thanksgiving!) It's hard for us to give times and temps without knowing what you're serving / what will be in there. And is it starting at room temperature, or straight from the fridge?

We have containers of sliced turkey, sliced ham, potatoes gratin, sweet pot casserfole, stuffing, etc. All the containers will go into the oven but they do fill it up! So I am thinking it may take longer than if just one or two containers. We can set it out bring to room temp before we start if that works better? Can we put all into the oven and leave for couple of hours to be sure everything gets hot? (no mashed pot to worry about.)

Cf4e8aef 7250 4ef6 aaa3 28c660c04dd7  580125 10150861988653649 771567434 n

I concur it will take a little longer Helen. I'd worry a little about 2 hours drying things out. I'd preheat oven to a little hotter like 325 and start with stuffing, potatoes, casserole as they are dense and will take longer. After half hour, I'd add the turkey and ham. I'd say should be an hour tops.