making pita in a stove top pizza oven

I have been using a pizza craft stove top pizza oven to make excellent pizza for a few months now. It occurred to me that I could probably make better pita in the pizza oven too. Any thoughts on how hot the oven should be and cooking time? My pizzas take between 6-7 minutes in the stove top oven at 700 degrees.

asked by erinbdm 10 months ago

Rose Levy Beranbaum has a good pita recipe where they are baked 3 min in an oven that has been heated at 475F for an hour.
Sounds like a big waste of energy.
I've made them often with good results with less heating of the oven (15-30 min).
You can find the recipe on the smitten kitchen site.

Just FYI looked at a few other recipes and found same duration (3 min) but some at 500F, again after substantial heating of the oven.