Gratin help!

My gratin is soupy, any way to save it? Flavor is good, texture :(

asked by Aarika Jackson over 1 year ago

Do you have time to leave it in the oven a while longer to let more of the moisture evaporate? It will set up a bit more as it cools anyway, but if it's quite sloshy, I think I would maybe try to spoon any excess liquid away and keep baking it. If the top starts to brown too much, you could move it lower in the oven, or loosely cover with foil. How's that plan sound?

Aarika Jackson

Thank you! I'll try that! Happy Thanksgiving

Good luck -- let us know how it goes!

Or if it's too soupy after more cooking, spoon the more solid parts into another baking dish, top with bread crumbs, finish baking.