🔕 🔔

Any recommendations for a keto-friendly Christmas cookie recipe (or 3)? I didn't realize how much I relied on wheat...

asked by @clearlyasclaire 11 months ago

Not exactly a cookie, but definitely a Christmas treat.
Make homemade chocolate bark. Any color, any fixings, to taste.
But I like a white chocolate recipe (I know, I know, it's not really chocolate) with pistachios and cranberries.

Susan W reminds us of the sugar that needs to be removed from a keto friendly treat. Possibly knock out the chocolate bark entirely.
Or make it only with no-sugar chocolate and nuts.

ktr

I haven't made any of these but this site has several cookie recipes: http://www.ibreatheimhungry...

ktr

And here is a keto truffle recipe: https://elanaspantry.com...

If you are not strictly keto, there are quite a few paleo cookie recipes around on line that would not use wheat. Coconut macaroons are always good.

Is it only wheat you're giving up? Keto would also be giving up sugar, honey...basically any natural sweetener. If it's just wheat..that's pretty easy, so I'll assume you are looking for true keto diet recipes. Here's one that I haven't made, but looks good and her website has a ton of keto recipes.

http://www.wickedstuffed...

293d95fd 52e1 46ad a2db e4854254ee22  image 1

I had to look up Keto as that was a new one for me1 If you are committed to eliminating wheat and any sugars, I would turn away from cookies and look to nuts and very dark chocolate for treats. Although there are now some great wheat-free flour substitutes, it just seems impossible to make a "cookie" without some sort of sweetener. A chocolate bark (as someone already suggested) with very dark chocolate and a sprinkle of chopped walnuts or almonds might work, although there would still be a small amount of sugar in the dark chocolate.

I agree, I don't see how you can plan on baking anything resembling cookies without grains and natural sweeteners. Sounds like you will have to celebrate with fruit and nuts.

ktr

I just ran across this site and thought it might helpful for your keto baking.
https://www.healthfulpursuit...