A new way to cook dinner says to store lemons and garlic in a linen bag of plastic bag lined with paper towels. I have always stored my garlic in a cool pantry with onions. Why in fridge? Thanks, nt

asked by ntt2 over 1 year ago

If you have a cool pantry, you can definitely store your garlic there. We don't have cool areas to store garlic and onions (and we assumed many people don't) so we use our fridges. Both work! Thanks for checking out our book.

ntt2

Love it!

Are they possibly referring to garlic that you've peeled? I peel my garlic by putting a whole bulb in a glass mason type jar and shake like crazy until all the cloves separate from the bulb. The peels practically fall off after bashing around. I then store the peeled garlic in a small jar in the fridge.

Susan W -
Beat trick to peel garlic in a mason jar.
Do you also do the whipped-cream-in-a-mason-jar?
http://www.thekitchn.com...

That was meant to be "neat trick!"

Nancy, I've done that to make a slightly whipped, but pourable whipped cream for Irish coffees, but never tried it to that fluffy stage. If it takes 60-90 seconds, I'm in!!