🔕 🔔

do you cook foods before freezing

my daughter is expecting her first baby and I would like to prepare foods for them so they don't have to cook. can most foods be freezed after cooking and then reheated?

asked by Sharyn Burnett 11 months ago

23d08e08 3b57 4e81 adcd 91701fc50809  fb avatar

They can- it can be a mess as far as texture some times.

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

Sometimes you a recipe is best cooked then frozen or assembled and frozen. Depends on what you're making. Here is a link from the site with great recipes that can be frozen to help out your daughter. https://food52.com/hotline...

I am actually planning a big cooking weekend for a friend who is having a baby soon, and I am planning to cook everything before I freeze it. That way, she can just grab, thaw, and go, without having to also cook (and I don't have to include cooking instructions).

I'm also planning lots of things that can be eaten with one hand: mini-meatloaf muffins, spanakopita triangles, breakfast quesadillas, etc.