Chestnut flour in NYC

Has anyone seen chestnut flour in a store in New York City recently? My local Whole Foods does not carry it anymore. I was hoping to use it this weekend and ordering online is not an option. Thanks!

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

asked over 1 year ago

The last time I purchased it, it was a Bob's Red Mill product in the baking section of the Tribeca Whole Foods. Williams Sonoma stores might have it in their specialty foods section, or maybe Agata & Valentina, the Italian specialty food store on the Upper East Side.

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

Thank you! I used to buy it in Tribeca WF, but no luck on the last couple of trips. Will check Agata & Valentina, they also have a store close to NYU.

Kalustyan's seems to have it.

Windischgirl

Try Eataly, since it is commonly used in Italian cooking and baking. And Kalustyan's, of course.

If you can't find it at Eataly it doesn't exist.

Windischgirl

BTW, what are you planning to make? I have some I'd like to use up (after a disappointing attempt at Castagnaccio).

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

I am making pasta. I love chestnut pasta.

Windischgirl

Wow. Have a good recipe?

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

This is the recipe I like to make in the winter. It's super simple, and robiola and chestnut pasta make a splendid match. http://www.threelittlehalves...

Windischgirl

Thank you, thank you! I loved your post as well. Will seek out some robiola!

Todaro Brothers might well have it - on 2nd Ave. around 31st, across from NYU med center.

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

Found it in Buon Italia. Thank you all!

PHIL
PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

chestnut pasta is delicious. Maybe a trader joes? Do they have any in NYC?