A question about a recipe: The Kitchn's Lofty Buttermilk Pancakes

I have a question about the recipe "The Kitchn's Lofty Buttermilk Pancakes" from Genius Recipes. Freezing the left over pancakes or batter? How long can it last in the fridge?

3fcc5e26 1f08 471d 8646 e76e3b60dd25  fb avatar

Jan W. January 24, 2017
Not asked, but I thought it worthwhile to mention that homemade waffles also freeze quite well. Just wait until they have cooled completely, then wrap in waxed paper and place in a large plastic tub or large freezer ziptop bag in your freezer.

Hemz7781 January 24, 2017
Cooked pancakes typically freeze really well. To reheat, I wrap individual pancakes in a damp paper towel until heated through.

Nancy January 24, 2017
Haven't made the Kitchn recipe but mine for basic (baking powder) pancakes is very similar.
Often freeze leftover cooked pancakes 1-2 months.
They reheat beautifully in microwave or oven, ready to be garnished and eaten.
Similar results with pancakes made from a yeast batter.
Both type also can hold 1 daybin fridge.
No, the batter doesn't keep.
If you're starting out and know you won't need a whole recipe, make a fraction (e.g. one third if it has 3 eggs).
If you already made the batter & don't need it all, cook the remaining into pancakes & store.