A question about a recipe: The Kitchn's Lofty Buttermilk Pancakes

6be7a2da a52b 48c4 a952 2b7e43d607e3  2015 1130 the kitchns lofty buttermilk pancakes bobbi lin 15231

I have a question about the recipe "The Kitchn's Lofty Buttermilk Pancakes" from Genius Recipes. Freezing the left over pancakes or batter? How long can it last in the fridge?

asked by Boat Paveenaorn Duangoen almost 2 years ago

Haven't made the Kitchn recipe but mine for basic (baking powder) pancakes is very similar.
Often freeze leftover cooked pancakes 1-2 months.
They reheat beautifully in microwave or oven, ready to be garnished and eaten.
Similar results with pancakes made from a yeast batter.
Both type also can hold 1 daybin fridge.
No, the batter doesn't keep.
If you're starting out and know you won't need a whole recipe, make a fraction (e.g. one third if it has 3 eggs).
If you already made the batter & don't need it all, cook the remaining into pancakes & store.

Hemz7781

Cooked pancakes typically freeze really well. To reheat, I wrap individual pancakes in a damp paper towel until heated through.

Jan Weber

Not asked, but I thought it worthwhile to mention that homemade waffles also freeze quite well. Just wait until they have cooled completely, then wrap in waxed paper and place in a large plastic tub or large freezer ziptop bag in your freezer.