good side with chicken marsala?

Making chicken marsala for some family tomorrow and was wondering what a good side would be. I've made mashed potatoes in the past but I don't love it. Was considering a simple parmesan risotto. Thoughts?

asked by Reenee Gangopadhyay almost 2 years ago

PHIL
PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

Risotto is nice. also I like some simple rice to absorb that liquid goodness. For pasta , I would use either spaghetti or a short (mezzi) rigatoni. I actually did spaghetti with chicken francese last weekend.

Two ideas to add to your menu:
A simple starch for mopping up the great sauce - plain pasta or country bread (with lots of holes in it)
A green or white vegetable, again on the plain side, as the chicken & sauce are rich. Maybe grilled fennel, broccolini, whatever is looking good in markets near you.

Parmesan risotto sounds wonderful. Parmesan Pappardelle or Tagliatelle Pasta would work as well.

caninechef

I'd go for something simple and straightforward, plain rice or maybe boiled, parsleyed potatoes with either a salad or green beans.

Virginia Holdin

I am serving mine with small red potatoes baked, sliced in halves topped with Parsley & Parmesan cheese and a green salad, french bread for dipping into the rich Marsala sauce.
Virg loves the kitchen