What simple 'retro' convenience food product do you keep on hand, even if it's unhealthy and bad form?

I keep Jiffy Pop popcorn in those aluminium puff up trays. Cheep Chicken Pot Pies and Spam, and Ramen noodles.

asked over 1 year ago

rebecca

Donut holes. I'm from the town that makes spam so I always have that on hand :)

Windischgirl

Frozen pizzas and canned soup, to placate my college-age son on those nights I have to work late and he doesn't want leftovers. But I do go for the organic varieties...

Imogen

Pam spray, potato flakes

Saltines and chocolate frosting (homemade), Ramen, Ritz crackers, Tater Tots, fish sticks, canned chicken noodle soup, bologna, pimento cheese on a jar.

Ali Worthalter

Chicken bullion powder/cubes. Guilty as charged.

Pepperidge Farms Apple Turnovers- a decadent flashback to my college days. Worcestershire sauce.

frecklywench

those turnovers are undeniable!

Yeah, I decided at one point "I can do better than that"- my homemade, buttery pastry and filling were certainly far superior by any measure, but somehow, just didn't add up as well- I think their blandness is actually a positive. By the way, I recently tried the raspberry for the first time- not bad.

ktr
ktr

Fish sticks for the kids.
Chicken and beef boullion powder for those times I forget to take the homemade broth out of the freezer. (which I just realized I forgot to do for tonight)
Jarred spaghetti sauce and salsa.
Saltines.

Forgot the canned chicken and potato flakes.

Liz D

Ramen, chicken bouillon granules (for making homemade rice-a-roni--gotta have that fakey chicken flavor!) canned soup.

Jarred mayonnaise, Hoisin sauce, that's about it.

Vegetable bouillon cubes, potato flakes (for bread dough), a phase of using box cake and pudding mixes to make "cake in a mug" (now thankfully over), dehydrated onion flakes for a hit of flavor if I've run out of fresh onions.

ktr
ktr

I too use dehydrated onion flakes when I've either run out of onions or are too lazy to cut an onion. And, I've got dehydrated vegetable soup mix for making a quick soup at work if there is nothing else in the house to bring.

Doris

Frozen chicken pot pie's, frozen burritos,and even if I do love to bake and do it frequently Store-bought cookies,

Doris

PHIL
PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

Kraft Macaroni & Cheese

Campbell's tomato soup, tater tots, and my husband is a Stove Top Stuffing and All Things Poppin' Fresh guy!!!