🔕 🔔

Help! I made a huge pot of chicken noodle soup, I added too many egg noodles and now its a thick mess. I dont want to toss this, what should I do?

Adding more broth or water will just make this pot of soup larger, and more likely to be wasted (its just for me and my boyfriend). Could this be blended into a chicken and dumplings sauce? Dont want to waste this food!

asked by ddrah almost 2 years ago

OK - you don't want to expand the soup, and the cooked noodles don't freeze so well. So, what to do? 2 types of dishes come to mind, a sauté or a baked pasta. To start, remove (drain, tongs, whatever) the cooked noodles you don't want to eat with soup.
1) For one dish, in a large fry pan sauté shredded cabbage, onions, s&p and mushrooms in the most flavorful fat you have to taste (from tender to well done). Add the drained noodles to the pan and heat them up too. For more protein, add some cooked meat or seitan to the frypan, or a fried egg per person to top it.
2) Use the drained cooked noodles in any baked pasta dish you guys like or want to experiment with: anything from lasagna to the Hungarian favorite Rakoot Kaposzta (which is often served OVER noodles, but you could incorporate them here).
Have fun, and maybe tell us your results...

Uugh. unclear. (the "to taste" is way out of place).
Should read: "sauté to desired doneness".

F3fdbabe d72e 44f9 919d eecf03b7e10e  liza skitchenlogo

Can you strain the whole thing through a fine Bouillon or Chinois strainer and then see what you have?