When making chicken noodle soup in the crock pot do the noodles (wide egg noodles in my case) need cooked seperatly before puting them in the crock pot?

I would cook them separately and add them right before serving so they don't go mushy ... also cook them al dente even more than you normally would, because they will heat up more / soak up soup when you add them in

I agree with aargersi. With long cooking noodles will disolve into paste. And how long does it take to boil a noodle anyway? Maybe 8 minutes.

WeLike2Cook

Additionally, if you use the soup broth to "boil" the noodles, your soup will retain the starch released from the pasta during cooking, making it cloudy and floury tasting.