Need help with my kale chips. They keep coming too soggy.

asked by smallinsights over 7 years ago

TasteFood

Make sure they are thoroughly dry after washing. Toss with just a little olive oil to coat - not too much (1 tblsp.) plus a minced garlic clove, salt and pepper. Arrange in one layer when baking. If they are piled on each other, this will prevent crisping. Bake approx. 25 minutes in a 350 F. oven. Keep them in long enough to crispen but not burn.

smallinsights

Thank you so much. I was clearly doing a lot of things wrong.

Eliana60

Do you have a pump olive oil mister? I use that to avoid getting them soggy. Or maybe you could use a spray olive oil product like PAM. The only reason for the oil is to hold the flavoring and in my case that's Adobo. I mist with olive oil, sprinkle with Adobo and put them in the oven pre-heated to 400 degrees. Bake for about 10-12 minutes. Check them as soon as you begin to smell them. They are done.