Need to feed 60 people. The plan is to have pork tenderloin. Pork tenderloin can be a bit bland, so I'm thinking I should offer a sauce of some sort

So three questions. Can someone give me a sauce recipe that can be made in large quantity ahead of time, should not be too heavy. Or is there a recipe that someone can point me to that is so dang good, no sauce is required? And lastly, is there a way to prep this ahead of time and simply reheat/warm on a grill (that will be all I have access to at the event)?

Julija
Julija February 6, 2017

I fed a crown once with grilled pork tenderloin with peach chutney (Bobby Flay's easy-to-quadruple recipe: http://www.foodnetwork...) -- I'd also recommend rubbing the pork with salt/pepper and freshly ground coriander.

Julija
Julija February 6, 2017

that's "crowd" :)

HalfPint February 6, 2017

Not sure what your menu looks like, but I like to marinate pork Viet-style. This is a pretty good recipe, http://www.seriouseats...

it's for pork chops but I think it would work well with tenderloin. Bonus, no sauce needed. The marinade is so flavorful.

MMH
MMH February 6, 2017

Love that recipe

Joy Huang | The Cooking of Joy

I made (faux) porchetta based on the recipe from The Zuni Cafe Cookbook for 40 people last year and it worked out really well. The recipe includes a pan sauce, but I'm not sure how well it would work out with reheating on a grill....

Bevi
Bevi February 6, 2017

Make a sauce with just about any stone fruit that you have poached. Add some white wine or other fortified wines that go with the fruit you use. Season with salt and pepper. Add to the pan juices from the tenderloin whisk together, and finish with a few pats of butter.

Bevi
Bevi February 6, 2017