🔕 🔔

I think I added too much flour in my challah recipe to compensate for a runny dough. What should I do to make sure it ends up ok?

Halved the recipe, the dough was too runny after I added the flour so I kept adding more. Now I'm worried that I added way too much.

asked by Ally 8 months ago

Cfe06c3a 31ba 4cd7 a0b0 2d1e7eb98d8e  18930218514 6fcf35ff43 b

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

I'm sorry you didn't receive an answer to this in time Ally. How did the challah turn out?

Its ok! It ended up being the best challah I've made so far! I also ended up using the remaining dough for everything challah rolls and 2 species (fig and date) challah rolls. The crust wasn't quite right, a little dry and it didn't brown, but we've eaten 2/3 of it already and normally we only get through half of the challah in a week.

Oh good, happy to hear that the final result ended up being okay!

Sounds great! Sometimes the best results come from accidents & mistakes.
What I want to know is did you note how much was "too much" so you can repeat this loaf next week?
And will you please tell us (including what recipe), too?