A question about a recipe: Passionfruit Meringue Cake

Eb646957 40c5 454c ac5b 745d095a6bfc  cake3 copy 2

I have a question about the recipe "Passionfruit Meringue Cake" from Posie Harwood. The recipe calls for 1 3/4 + 1 tbsp sugar but the instruction says 3/4 for the cake, 1/4 for meringue and 1 tbsp for sprinkling. What is the rest of 3/4 for?

asked by marika over 1 year ago

Posie (Harwood) Brien

Ah! I've fixed that. 3/4 cup goes into the batter and 1 cup goes into the meringue.

marika

Thank you so much! And you sprinkle 1/2 tbsp sugar to both or 1 tbsp for one? If so, which one?

Posie (Harwood) Brien

Sprinkle both over the layer that has the spiked top which will become the top of the cake!

marika

Thank you!