🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Winter Greens and Apple Gratin

Ec426dfb 0d15 46c2 a3aa cf9572cb37ea  2017 0131 winter greens and apple gratin recipe james ransom 280

I have a question about the recipe "Winter Greens and Apple Gratin" from gingerroot. Can this dish be assembled ahead of time and then baked a day or two later?

asked by ktr 8 months ago

Bb305185 6b66 45c6 ac96 6204c9dd8a30  dsc09796
Sarah Jampel

Sarah is Food52's senior staff writer & stylist.

I think you could definitely assemble it several hours ahead of time. If you want to assemble it a couple of days in advance, I'd recommend keeping the sautéed apple-onion-cream mixture separate from the blanched, chopped greens and separate from the cheese and nuts. (This will keep the flavors and layers more distinct!) Then assemble the three component parts when you're ready to bake.

ktr

That makes sense and makes it quick enough for a weeknight. Thank you.