🔕 🔔

Deep Run Roots, Dorie's Cookies, what have you cooked from these?

I have both books but I haven't felt inspired to cook from either yet, unlike Small Victories (I've made 7 delightful recipes from it so far). Wondering what you have cooked and loved and I know I'll be inspired.

asked by Stephanie G 8 months ago

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

I've made two of Dorie's brownie recipes (can't remember the names, but the most basic ones) and her basic vanilla cookie dough and all have been great!

D347253b 88e5 4ba1 ab1b 7b10260231b2  stringio

Can you share your favorites from Small Victories? I looked through it and was not inspired,

I am experienced cook but busy mom. Small Victories has totally energized my cooking. First, I made the Swiss Chard with Coconut and Ginger, then the Kinda Sorta Patatas Bravas, Potluck Quinoa, my absolute favorite All Day Pork Shoulder with Apple Cider, Everything Biscuits, Super French Mussels, Chilaquiles, and Turkey Ricotta Meatballs. All have been delicious.

Thanks for that, I need to jump into cooking for this book.

Cef49d72 d554 46db a888 e97e0311e08e  cimg0737

I have not cooked from Small Victories (yet!), but here's another endorsement for Dorie's Do Almost Anything Vanilla Cookie Dough (from Dorie's Cookies). I too thought that these cookies were fantastic. I made multiple batches of these cookies for gift giving. I rolled the dough out, did simple cut outs and decorated some with sanding sugar and others with royal icing and candy. :)