immersion blenders

Hi. I am looking to purchase an immersion blender and I intend to use it mostly for soups. Any recommendations on brand, etc.. Thank you!

asked by Ellie Landau over 1 year ago

Valhalla

I have the Cuisinart SmartStick Immersion Blender & Chopper. The blender portion is great, but the chopper is a mess of design flaws. I long for my old Braun hand blender that died after many decades of use!

PHIL
PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

My Braun is still going.

I have 2 Braun hand blenders. I have had one of them for probably 18 years.

Check some reviews for latest models.
Go for sturdy and (if available) more power in the motor.
My experience with the attachmwnts, like Valhalla's, is ineven or unhappy, so don't give them too much weight.

I have a Cuisinart immersion blender without any other attachments other than a cup for mixing smoothies. Have had it a long time and like it very much.

Ellie Landau

Thank you so much!

Ellie Landau

next silly question - how do you like to store the blender? countertop, cabinet. Any cute containers to hold it in?

Storage on these isn't pretty (I'm restraining my language).
If memory serves, some come with batteries (not electric cords) so are easier to use and store.
Also, some may come with cute hardward for hanging on a wall near where you use it most.
Otherwise, drawer or cupboard.

Ellie Landau

Thank you! I think I will go with a basic cuisinart, no attachments and storage - I will try a drawer or cabinet:)

ktr
ktr

I had a cuisinart which I managed to burn out. Now I have a basic oster that is still working pretty well after about 7years. It is starting to get hot and smell like smoke when I use it but for the price I think I've gotten my money out of it.

peach49

I have a Bamix and I love it, have had several years, I think it was bought at Sur La Table not inexpensive, but worth every penny.

foofaraw

We have Braun brand for 5+ years and loving it.

Doris

I got a basic cuisinart smartstick without the attachments at a popular second hand sight, and I have been very happy with it. I store it on its side on a shelf with the chord wrapped up around it. One word of caution, make sure you are careful and never get your fingers near the device when it is turned on!

louisez

I have a Breville, which has multiple speeds. Love it. I think it works better than the Cuisinart.

ktr
ktr

Have you tried making mayo with it without drizzling the oil in slowly (just layer everything ina jar, let it separate for a bit and then blend it with the immersion blender)? I read that the breville immersion blender can't do that for some reason and am wondering how true it is.

louisez

I've never tried to make mayo with it.