Looking for recommendation for immersion blender

Primary use would be for soups

asked by Laurelb over 5 years ago

Brette Warshaw

Here's something I wrote about that -- scroll down to the comments to get even more advice! http://food52.com/blog...

jsdunbar

I swear by my Bamix. I've had for about 5 years & it has done everything I've asked of if. My non-cook husband even started using it recently to make small batches of his own peanut butter. It was expensive, but having worn out a cheaper one, I would never go back. Whatever is in my soup, I can partially or completely purée it. I've heard people say they've used their Bamix for as long as 35 years!

a Whole Foods Market Customer

I had a Braun that lasted me over 10 years. I now have a KitchenAid. I prefer my old Braun over the KitchenAid but I had a 30% off at Kohl's as well as a $10 certificate. So...

Anyway, I am not unhappy. I still use it as much.

I also have a Braun that I love; have had it for years.

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

I have a Viking with a whisk attachment (thanks to Food52) which is far superior to my old Cuisinart. I love it!

I'm down with the Viking too (and I don't need the accessories). I used to be skeptical of immersion blenders until someone here suggested putting the pot in the prep sink instead of trying to use it on the stove top. Doink!

Rupal P

The Kitchenaid KHB100ER is nice and comes with lots of accessories but not sure if this has been discontinued since i'm not spotting it on Amazon. After doing a lot of research this is the one that I bought about a year ago.

Reiney
Reiney

Sarah is a trusted source on General Cooking.

Breville's got a very powerful one - not quite as pricey as the Bamix (which is also excellent) but 15 speeds up to "ice crushing".
http://www.surlatable.com...

One thing you don't want to do is go cheap on these things - spend less than about $80 (full price) and you might as well use a potato masher to puree soups :)

Ben Pagel

I got a Cuisinart as a gift a few years ago and it works fanstastically. No complaints.

Michele Ludmer

The Kalorik Sunny Morning Stick Mixer, $16 at Amazon is Cook's Illustrated's top pick. Having said that, I also have the Braun and am very happy with it.

cookbookchick

The Kalorik is a piece of cheap junk. I speak from experience! I bought one to use at my daughter's home. Cook's Illustrated has now revised their evaluation to eliminate it. I love my Braun, which I've had for years, but sadly Braun no longer sells their kitchen appliances in the U.S.

jmburns

I have had my Braun for 20 yrs. still works like a champ

jacksonholefoodie

I purchased my Braun at a garage sale for $1, and it worked for 20 years before it finally broke. I replaced it with a Bamix, which has several nice features, including adjustable speeds, and a few different blades. I like that it comes with the perfect sized plastic jar and lid for making smoothies to go.