🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Neglected Starter Sourdough Pizza Crust/Skillet Flatbread/Grillbread

2142f081 b936 46fe 96f0 ff9da8baa577  grilled pizza downsize

I have a question about the recipe "Neglected Starter Sourdough Pizza Crust/Skillet Flatbread/Grillbread" from Raquelita. I'm hoping that this is a recipe that you still monitor. It looks so good that I had to make it today. I have a quick question -- my dough was really stiff, not at all too wet. I made two separate batches so that I could put some in the freezer. I'm not sure what I did to have such a stiff dough? I added extra water as I was kneading it, just to get the balance of the flour to mix in. Can you confirm for me that I should be adding two cups, one each of the bread flour and the all-purpose flour as I'm finishing the dough?

asked by Stacy 10 months ago

23d08e08 3b57 4e81 adcd 91701fc50809  fb avatar

As I read, the intention is to use only as much of those 2c. flour as needed- she specifically says that the dough should be slack but not sticky, which is typical for pizza doughs. I think the large amount is because there's a lot of variation possible in the amount of liquid in the starter (and, to a minor extent, the humidity and hydration of the "dry" flour, but that goes for any bread, they're always to touch).

Thank You! There's always next time ;-)