Cookbook Club (1/3) -- Best pies you made this month?!

Tell us about one of your favorite pies you made from Art of the Pie this month and share a photo of it if you have one!

former Community Editor

asked over 1 year ago

Susan

Blueberry Pie!! The recipe worked perfectly!

Kate McDermott-Art of the Pie

I'm so glad you like the recipe!

former Community Editor

I love, love, love the Italian Nettle Sausage Pie. I'm normally not big on leftovers, but I happily ate this for dinner, and then again for subsequent lunches and breakfasts (it's cheesy and eggy and perfect breakfast/brunch fare). I used spinach and baby kale but look forward to making it with nettles when they're in season.

Kate McDermott-Art of the Pie

All recipes are open for variation in my book! ;-)

Joy Huang | The Cooking of Joy

Out of the 3 pies I made, my favorite was the Quintessential Apple Pie that I made with a butter-bacon fat dough and attempted to top with a herringbone lattice crust!

Kate McDermott-Art of the Pie

You did a beautiful job!

Joy Huang | The Cooking of Joy

Thanks!

Spenser Durrick

I made three pies this month and it is so hard to pick one as my favorite, but last night I made chicken pot pie for dinner and I have to say that recipe was AMAZING!

Kate McDermott-Art of the Pie

That's one of my favorites too!

Aryss

I loved the lemon meringue! It's was completely delicious and provided enough of a challenge that I felt like I was really learning some fun new techniques! I'm proud to say that on my 3rd try my meringue finally set beautifully!

Kate McDermott-Art of the Pie

Pie-fect!

Matt Joseph

So far my favorite has been the Rustic Pear Tart. I'm a crust lover so the crust to filling ratio is a little better for me.

Kate McDermott-Art of the Pie

Yup, there are crust folk and there are filling folk. Beautiful tart!

MomMom

Quintessential Apple pie was a big hit