beef bourguignon serving suggestions

Hi, I am looking for some ideas to make with beef bourguignon for Sunday family dinner for 20 people. Potatoes? egg noodles?

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

asked over 1 year ago

soupcon

potatoes boulangères

PHIL
PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

That is something I haven't made. Sounds easy to do also thanks.

To start, honor a drink from the region by making a batch of kir (with white wine from the Aligote grape) or kir royale (champagne).
On starch, I have seen & heard all (potatoes, rice, wide egg noodles) being served. You could pick one you know is a family favorite or, with such a big group, make two or even three so people have a choice.

PHIL
PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

Alcohol is always a good place to start!

Stephanie G

I think egg noodles are required! Maybe Caesar salad? I would keep it simple on yourself since you are serving 20.

PHIL
PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

We are a big family so cooking for 15+ is the norm. I do like egg noodles, classic and simple

cranberry

I would make a green salad with a vinaigrette dressing to cut the richness of the stew. I would also skew toward potatoes or rice, which can sit for a bit if the dinner timing is off, or if people want seconds. (My preference would be for potatoes.) Noodles are more difficult to manage, IMO.

PHIL
PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

Thanks I agree on the salad, that is a must. I like soupcon's idea on potatoes boulangeres. also thinking about domino potatoes.

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

I love to serve creamy polenta under any long-braised meats. One with lots of cheese, butter and cracked pepper. One of my absolute go to dinner party meals is braised short ribs, creamy polenta and something pickled/acidic as an accompaniment. I made a homemade giardinera with cauliflower, cubanelle peppers, rainbow carrots, and celery once, it cut the fat very nicely.

ktr
ktr

We eat it with rice normally.

PHIL
PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

thanks all for the input, the meal was a success, nice vinegary salad, and domino potatoes. I made too much though (as usual), Has anyone froze beef bourguignon ? Does it fall apart when you defrost it?

You should be able to freeze it with great success.

In Burgundy (Bourgogne) most folks serve it with nouilles -- noodles!