Question about the latest contest

I just looked through the shortlisted recipes for the dates contest and they all look great! However, I am a little confused as the contest specifically asked for savory recipes, yet there are several sweet recipes in the shortlist. There was a question posted on the hotline about whether the contest was for savory or sweet dates recipes and the editor answered that they are really looking for savory date recipes. I am sure a lot of us followed this answer as well as the contest guidelines and submitted only savory recipes and not the sweet ones. I was just wondering, could the rules have been made a little clearer?

asked by Madhuja over 1 year ago

meganvt01

I had the same question - I would have entered my sweet date recipe but instead I followed the directions!

Madhuja

Me too! :(

former Community Editor

I apologize for the confusion! Savory recipes were definitely prioritized, though not an absolutely must, so we did include a handful of sweet in the lineup for testing.

Madhuja

Thanks, Lindsay!