🔕 🔔

Question about the latest contest

I just looked through the shortlisted recipes for the dates contest and they all look great! However, I am a little confused as the contest specifically asked for savory recipes, yet there are several sweet recipes in the shortlist. There was a question posted on the hotline about whether the contest was for savory or sweet dates recipes and the editor answered that they are really looking for savory date recipes. I am sure a lot of us followed this answer as well as the contest guidelines and submitted only savory recipes and not the sweet ones. I was just wondering, could the rules have been made a little clearer?

asked by Madhuja 5 months ago

1f596ae9 f36c 4022 8b52 0c8583fd70b0  meg b f52

I had the same question - I would have entered my sweet date recipe but instead I followed the directions!

Ca7fccb8 666c 41dc a074 438636998431  spiceroute

Me too! :(

Cfe06c3a 31ba 4cd7 a0b0 2d1e7eb98d8e  18930218514 6fcf35ff43 b

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

I apologize for the confusion! Savory recipes were definitely prioritized, though not an absolutely must, so we did include a handful of sweet in the lineup for testing.

Thanks, Lindsay!