🔕 🔔

2 green tea questions:

1) Can you recommend a really good Japanese green tea, preferably one I can buy online? Sencha and/gyokuro - something really vegetal, that steeps green, not yellow, and that won't break the bank. Loose is fine, as are sachets. Ready to upgrade my brew.

2) In brewing, how do you measure the temperature of the water to get the perfect heat? I understand this is key...

asked by fitsxarts about 7 years ago

2fc558a8 bd7d 4d57 9ed4 e14a7fcea429  fb avatar

I strongly recommend Red Blossom Tea in San Francisco. They have a lot of info on their website: http://www.redblossomtea... But you can also call and ask questions; their staff is very knowledgable.

to check temp, I recommend buying an inexpensive thermometer. Seems like overkill, but it's the easiest and fastest way to know.

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

I like Tao of Tea. They have multiple green tea options and very specific instructions as to best temperature to steep each tea. http://taooftea.com/

5f8d7fee 22ef 49ba a6b4 360299864c3e  n3ru8figt0zk0

My favorite type is genmaicha, which is made with toasted rice. It has a mild popped corn aroma. I can't recommend a lable because I don't read Japanese. Mine comes in a green box and I find it in Asian markets. But there are other lables.