2 green tea questions:

1) Can you recommend a really good Japanese green tea, preferably one I can buy online? Sencha and/gyokuro - something really vegetal, that steeps green, not yellow, and that won't break the bank. Loose is fine, as are sachets. Ready to upgrade my brew.

2) In brewing, how do you measure the temperature of the water to get the perfect heat? I understand this is key...

asked by fitsxarts over 7 years ago

Savorykitchen

I strongly recommend Red Blossom Tea in San Francisco. They have a lot of info on their website: http://www.redblossomtea... But you can also call and ask questions; their staff is very knowledgable.

Savorykitchen

to check temp, I recommend buying an inexpensive thermometer. Seems like overkill, but it's the easiest and fastest way to know.

I like Tao of Tea. They have multiple green tea options and very specific instructions as to best temperature to steep each tea. http://taooftea.com/

My favorite type is genmaicha, which is made with toasted rice. It has a mild popped corn aroma. I can't recommend a lable because I don't read Japanese. Mine comes in a green box and I find it in Asian markets. But there are other lables.