🔕 🔔

Can I use a frozen chicken for chicken soup? (I mean unthawed?) Will it taste the same? cc @liamiller @nytfood @Food52Hotline @MelissaClark

asked by @saraivry 5 months ago

Cfe06c3a 31ba 4cd7 a0b0 2d1e7eb98d8e  18930218514 6fcf35ff43 b

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

For anyone else checking in on this, Melissa Clark answered on Twitter (https://twitter.com/MelissaClark...), saying: "yes it will just take longer to cook."

I'd lower the heat dramatically until the chicken thaws. Otherwise you'll end up with chicken that's overcooked on the outside. What cut of chicken are you using? ;o)