🔕 🔔

What oils do you use for your aioli?

I'm looking for something besides canola.

asked by Stephanie G 6 months ago

F7a07c52 dec8 4219 915b 500fe04dd17a  jeremy profile
Jeremy Beker

Senior Software Engineer at Food52

We usually use a mildly flavored olive oil.

I use olive oil for 1/4 to half but then usually canola for the rest. I find the olive oil usually overpowers...I guess olive oils are particularly flavorful. There are so many interesting oils in the stores now...I'm just wanting to experiment a little.

I agree with Stephanie. In my experience, even the very mildly flavor olive oil I normally use results in an aioli that is overpowering. Depending on what I'm going to use it for, I'll use a little olive oil and then some sort of other good quality light oil.