cauliflower rice

I want to make cauliflower rice bowls to take to work. Should I pre-cook the cauliflower? If so, what is the best method?

Dona
Dona April 15, 2017

This is the way I make cauliflower rice

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425F. Cover a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Break the cauliflower into florets, removing the stems. Place the florets in the food processor bowl and pulse until the cauliflower looks like rice. This takes about 10 to 15 one-second pulses. You may need to do this in two batches to avoid overcrowding.
2. Place the cauliflower rice in a large bowl, add the melted coconut oil and salt. Toss with two wooden spoons until the rice is coated with the oil. Spread in a single layer on the baking sheet and roast until tender and beginning to get a few brown spots, about 25 minutes.

Christina
Christina April 15, 2017

Thank you! Does it reheat well in the microwave?

ktr
ktr April 15, 2017

I prefer to rice the cauliflower in the food processor and then cook it in the microwave. I cover it and heat it on high power for 3 minutes, check it and then add more time if needed.