How to transform S'mores Girl Scout cookies into a dessert?

I have 3 or so boxes of S'mores Girl Scout cookies that I do not like. I'd like to repurpose them, perhaps as cookie butter frosting for a cake. Does anyone have any suggestions or handy recipes?

asked by Maria over 1 year ago

Repurposing won't change the taste, it will add another layer of flavor or texture.
I'd donate them as Nancy suggested.

There are recipes on the Girl Scouts site, that uses the cookies: http://www.girlscouts.org/en/cookies/all-about-cookies/Cookie-Recipes.html

Angela

Which type do you have? There are two different bakers of Girl Scout cookies that have different selections. This year, they both have a smores cookie, but one is a sandwich cookie with chocolate and marshmallows filling and the other is more like a chocolate covered graham cracker. I tasted the sandwich cookie kind and found them good, but not great and probably would repurpose them if I had 3 boxes too. I've heard rave reviews of the other type from my parents who live in an ABC Baker zone.

For the graham cracker style, you could possibly turn them into a crust for a cheesecake, though I'm not sure what the chocolate would do there.

The sandwich cookies would make a good cookie butter. Or you could separate the filling from the cookies, and have crumbs to dip chocolate covered strawberries or candy apples in. Maybe chopped into chunks in a rocky road style brownie with mini marshmallows?