🔕 🔔

my mother would occasionally prepare "wheatballs" from a packaged mix. they were chewy, spicy, the sort of thing that gives vegetarian/"health" food its bad rap, and i'm sure they would horrify any meat eater. alas, i sometimes crave that taste and neither my mother or I can remember the brand. this was the mid-90's...anyone remember the brand? i'll be embarking on my own wheat ball recipe recreation using seitan, herbs, flaxseed meal and spices, anyone have any suggestions for recipes? i'm going to base mine of Crescent Dragonwagon's from Passionate Vegetarian for starters

asked by Raquelita over 6 years ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

Could this be it? It's an ad on page 85 of the April 1994 Vegetarian Times:

http://books.google.com...

Oh, sorry, Knox Mountain Farms is the brand name.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

Drbabs, how on earth did you find it? I had no idea we could access these old magazines. Truly part of the story of my life, and I remember the product, though I don't think I tried it. Raquelita, I hope you get good results.

I just googled wheatballs and skipped through all the recipe pages in Google--I was pretty surprised that Vegetarian Times had the whole issue archived and on the Internet. All the ads brought back a lot of memories!

0236a64a 6089 48f7 8ce6 5b790ad33fd9  0605111238

wow...dangerous piece of information about vegetarian times being entirely archived on Google. that MIGHT be the mix, still interested if anyone else has a brand. my wheatballs came out very tasty, but not the super-chewy spicy things i remember.