pupusas

If I was going to make pupusas ahead of time (say - midday to eat for dinner that night), would you recommend frying them, letting them cool, and then reheating? Or should I refrigerate them when formed and then fry them right beforehand? I cook for a family and trying to figure out the best way to make these for them for dinner (but I cook between 11am-12pm and they don't eat till 8ish...

Also, I haven't made pupusas before so if you have any tips, I'm all ears!

asked by Jessica Lioon | garlicpressjess over 1 year ago

As with anything fried, fresh is best. There's a demonstration video on epicurious.com (search pupusas).

Fran Laughton

I make mine early in the day, shape them and let them sit between 2 sheets of cling wrap sprayed with olive oil. I briefly pan sauté them in iron skillet then serve. They get rubbery if you let cooked ones sit around. Don't forget the curtida!

Jessica Lioon | garlicpressjess

thanks!!