what olive oil is the best to fry with?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 7 years ago

Here's a long discussion about olive oil that we had recently:
http://www.food52.com/foodpickle...

For deep frying something with a high smoke point, such as canola or peanut oil. Smoke point means "before it burns or sets itself on fire."

All of the whole foods 360 brand are reasonably priced and decent flavor.

If you have a cost co membership their olive oil is well priced and flavorful also and very well rated. While some will say don't waste extra virgin on frying. I do. With the 360 WF brand, and the costco.

Smoke point is an issue tho. Olive oil has a low smoke point. tone it down with some Ghee (Clarified butter) or duck fat. But if you have duck fat on hand, just use that.