A question about a recipe: Maialino's Olive Oil Cake

2aae762e 345b 4799 9323 6c99f0c86576  olive oil cake genius desserts 3x2 james ransom 408

I have a question about the recipe "Maialino's Olive Oil Cake" from Genius Recipes. How would this cake perform with cake & pastry flour?

asked by Kou-Mei about 1 year ago

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

Should be fine...may sink a little in the middle. Any particular reason you want to use it?

Kou-Mei

I try to limit the types of flour I keep on my shelf. I keep cake & pastry flour. I also have bread flour. I was wondering if for a cake the cake & pastry flour would be even better. Or would it be better to use a combination of the cake & pastry four to emulate all purpose flour?

Kou-Mei

meant to further ask if it be better to use a combination of the cake&pastry flour and bread flour to emulate all purpose flour?

I would just give it a go with the pastry flour....you may prefer the result.

Kou-Mei

thanks!