I am making a choclate buttercream frosting for my cake. But the cream available is more of a paste rather than the liquid cream i see in recipes

I am making a chocolate buttercream frosting for my cake. But the cream available is more of a paste rather than the liquid cream i see in recipe videos. Is it ok to use or should i add milk or something to it? What should i do? Its a 30% fat cream.

asked by Salman about 1 year ago

Hope

Does the buttercream recipe call for double cream that then gets whipped to thicken it? Because if your cream is thick enough to hold its shape already, it might be alright to just use as is. Specially if there's melted chocolate in the buttercream that'll help the frosting firm up as it cools and sets.

Salman

Thank you so much Hope.