Cooking cream for ice cream cakes

I wanted to make an ice cream cake (semifreddo) but the only thing available in my country are cooking creams and whipping cream, both elle and vire and UHT with 35.1 fat. Which one should i use?

Matthew Samuel Tjiputra


creamtea June 3, 2017
From a Google search, it looks like cooking cream is a product thickened with stabilizers and emulsifiers so that it won't break. You want as pure a product as possible, so I would skip this and go for whipping cream (or heavy cream), at a 35-38% fat content.
Matthew S. June 4, 2017
Theres the explanation i need. Thank you very much
PieceOfLayerCake June 3, 2017
I've never heard of "cooking cream" but I would recommend whipping cream.
Matthew S. June 3, 2017
Well it litterally says cooking cream. Elle&V*res exx*elence series. But thanks
PieceOfLayerCake June 4, 2017
I believed that it existed, I was just admitting that I didn't know anything about it. You could be more gracious when people are just trying to help.
Matthew S. June 19, 2017
Im sorry bout that, i just dont wanna put brand name, thecensored part is a brand's name. Trust me i dont feel the least ungrateful of anyone tryna help me
Recommended by Food52