🔕 🔔

Austin, TX - recommendations!

I'm traveling to Austin for a few days on Labor Day weekend. Send your recommendations my way! Where should I eat, what should I visit, which area should I stay in (will be looking for AirBnB soon), anything helps!

asked by Ali Worthalter 2 months ago

Bb911bcd 2446 4d8f 848f cdc2090e999a  leaf cake

message aargersi, arielleclementine, and drbabs.
For me, I can recommend Barton Springs Pool, seeing the bats under the Congress Avenue Bridge, and going to the Flagship
Whole Foods Market store.

also message nannydeb

@Bevi, do you mean Central Market? Loved that place. One of the best cheese counters I've ever seen :)

D347253b 88e5 4ba1 ab1b 7b10260231b2  stringio

Torchy's Tacos, Franklin BBQ if you can get there early.

Smoked chicken tacos at Chuy's (Barton Springs location). Pappasito and right next door, Pappadeaux. Kirby Lane for breakfast. Central Market for great cheese and sweet pickles.

Of course hit up Sixth Street for a night out. Austin is known for live music with venues that don't fit more than a hundred or so.

Hi HP - No, I meant Whole Foods Market. I am enamored of that store in Austin. There's a walk in beer cooler, a beverage holder in each grocery cart, and bars/inhouse eateries that can make the shopping experience civilized, such as Bar LaMarr!

Yes to the music & food recs.
Also, look for something local, historical or particular that you are interested in and see that....whether hill country, Oh Henry museum, Texas history, whatever you want to know more about.