HELP: have spent all day making Chanterelle's seafood sausage. Can't get it into casing.

What can I do with this gorgeous seafood mousse? How else can I cook it? In ramekins? I will be making a beurre blanc to top it off.

healthierkitchen
healthierkitchen January 17, 2013

Emily if you don't get an answer try tweeting Mrs. Wheelbarrow!

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen January 17, 2013

Could you use plastic wrap as a casing for each sausage, poach and chill as directed and then proceed with the recipe? I'd hate for you to lose all that lovely seafood! healthierkitchen is right tho...try messaging Mrs Wheelbarrow for expert advice.

em-i-lis
em-i-lis January 17, 2013

thanks y'all. i was thinking about cooking them as a flan, then tweeted mrs wheelbarrow and she said to cook as bain marie terrine. all prepped now! HUGE thanks. inpatskitchen, YES...i was going to just die if i'd had to lose the seafood. it's my husband's birthday, and i had everything so well prepared except for cross-referencing the casing diameter with my pastry bag tips. AAAARGH!

EmilyC
EmilyC January 17, 2013

I was about to offer up my sausage stuffer that's collecting dust in my basement but that would've required you trekking all the way to Arlington. Clearly, everyone here is much better at trouble-shooting than I am. Glad you found a good solution! : )

em-i-lis
em-i-lis January 17, 2013

thank you, emily! i have a sausage stuffing attachment but it utilizes a grinder/strainer thing (my brain is no longer functional today), and i hated to do that to the beautiful chunks of lobster and such studding the mousse.
as an aside, i'd love to meet you sometime. we are so close to one another. :)

MrsWheelbarrow
MrsWheelbarrow January 17, 2013

Hi Emily, I'm glad we connected on Twitter. Placing the mousse in a terrine, and then into a bain marie (Place the terrine in a roasting pan and slide into a 325° oven. Pour boiling water around the terrine until it's about halfway up the sides of the terrine.) As inpatskitchen said, you can also use plastic wrap to form "sausages" and poach in a deep pot of water set at a slow simmer.

em-i-lis
em-i-lis January 17, 2013

y'all, the bain marie was a perfect solution. looooovved these wonderful treats tonight. many thanks!