Make sweetened condenced milk

I am trying to make homemade sweetened condenced milk. I am lactose intolerant so can't use the canned product. I have access to lactose free dairy.

Some of the recipes online call for baking soda, others a tablespoon of butter to a stick. No consistently at all.

Has anyone made it before? Any tips are appreciated! Thanks

asked by Beth about 1 year ago

Community Editor at Food52

I haven't made it myself, but we do have an article on it that you might be interested in: https://food52.com/blog...

Z
Z

I made dulce de leche with coconut cream subbing for the condensed milk. Can't remember the recipe - but it was delicious. Something similar might work for you.