🔕 🔔

How is you Garden this year?

F1c03059 57c1 4f22 b970 7c9137fdd54f  plants17

This year it appears the potted tomatoes are much happier and larger than last year. I used Epson salts when transplanting them to the large pots and not sure if that is it, or just a better growing season. In any case, they all have tons of tomatoes that should be ready in the next few weeks. The patio apple tree has 8 apples this year and, if they are anything like last year, delicious! I have a pot of tarragon and thyme that came back from last year and it is flourishing. Can't wait to use some of it! How is your garden this year? BB

asked 7 days ago
Be53e5fa f5fe 4601 8d5e 7d9c096a5aed  nog
Niknud

Rachael is a trusted home cook.

Ooo, I love talking about my garden!

The best thing is all the herbs. On the front range of Colorado, the tomatoes and peppers always fall to the hail storms, but the herbs... I've got flat leaf parsley and dill that reseed and come back in greater bunches every year. Sage, thyme, mint, chives, lavender, lemon balm and oregano survive the winter and are now in full glory. Basil needs to be re-planted every year and the rosemary needs to be brought inside but right now everything is producing in great herb-y abundance. Decided a few years ago to cut back on the flowers and just plant herbs. It smells great and I'll occasionally cut the flowers and use them for table arrangements (sage especially has great flowers that smell wonderful). I love it. I'll see if I can upload a picture later but I've been doing herb salads and herb butters and herbs in and on top of everything.

We've got two apple trees that, while young, are still producing a few fruit this year. I've ceded the sour cherries to the birds. The strawberries are the ones that produce all season so some I get and some the bunnies get and some the kids get. Figure there's enough for us and the bunnies and the birds.

Niknud

Rachael is a trusted home cook.

Here's the newest herb bed that the mister installed right next to kitchen door

7abc4e9e a3b0 4064 a499 d5a1f9cabb15  img 7626

7e950976 f4d6 4359 84fe f7407b716034  dsc00045 1

added about 9 hours ago

Very impressive! My tomatoes are loaded! The purple plum will probably be the first to ripen. They are beautiful. Purple on the outside, green on the inside.