Too-chewy granola

The home-made granola I baked is now cooled but still chewy, rather than crunchy. I'd like to bake it again to dry it out. Any thoughts - good idea, bad idea? BTW, it is delicious - a recipe I saw in the NY Times
https://cooking.nytimes...

• Posted by: DebJ
  • July 19, 2017
94d7ba53 882a 4aaf a92f 07f602557dac  granola

PieceOfLayerCake July 19, 2017

Since the NYT wants me to subscribe to view its recipes I'll have to infer....When I make granola, I cook it until its deeply golden brown, but not burnt. This usually requires a lot of tasting (not such a bad gig). You're essentially producing flavor and drying it out. To do this effectively, one shouldn't crowd the pan. A single layer I suggest you bake it again...but try dividing it onto two sheet pans. After you bake it, leave it completely uncovered until its completely cooled. I then store it in a loosely covered canister. It won't stale if you eat it quickly.

Voted the Best Reply!

foofaraw
foofaraw July 20, 2017

If it is already on the brownness level you want, I'd bake it in thin layer at ~200F for 30min-1hr, and just check it every 15 minutes. That'll take the leftover moisture out.
*You can crispen stale chips and crackers this way too.